Next up forAmerican Angler: To give thanks! Members only Thanksgiving Tourney!
October 10 starting at 7:30-1:30pm. Registration from 6am to 7am at the Surf City Volunteer Fire Hall. 713 Long Beach Blvd, Surf City, NJ.
The Awards Ceremony and lunch will be served directly after the tournament at the same place as the registration. Awards are at the Surf City Volunteer Fire Hall. 713 Long Beach Blvd, Surf City, NJ.
This is an Association of Surf Angling Clubs sanctioned tournament. All rules can be found at www.asaconline.org and select the "Constitution and Bylaws" tab. Then scroll down to BY-LAW ARTICLE IX SURF FISHING TOURNAMENT RULES
1) American Angler will be doing a food drive at our October10 Surf Fishing Tournament on L.B.I. to encourage participation, a free raffle prize of a pair of Costa Del Mar Sunglasses will be going out to a lucky winner that brings in food for a local food pantry to be collected at the tournament. American Angler wants to give back.
Basically it works like this: Any registered angler who brings in non perishable type of food similar to the foods below, will get one raffle ticket for a random drawing at the later in the afternoon at the awards ceremony. One winner of the Costa Del Mar Sunglasses will be picked out of a jar. Canned food, Healthy soups and stews, Whole grain breakfast cereals, Packaged pasta, Etc.....
2) There will be a free Veterans raffle prize for all Veterans that participate in this tournament.
3) Free 4x4 access and free light lunch with paid registration.
To register for the tournament for both a team and or individual, select the tournament flyer below and print it out or just go to the Paypal button below and give all contact info for the Captain if a team or individual.Teams are $75.00 ( up to 6 anglers) Individuals are $25.00 and kids under 17 are $15.00
TEAMS WILL CONSIST OF NOT MORE THAT SIX ANGLERS. ALL SIX MAY FISH. ONE ACTS AS TEAM CAPTAIN.
Association of Surf Angling rules apply at all times for below!
1) ALL ANGLERS MUST CAST FOR THEMSELVES.
2) SPORTSMANLIKE CONDUCT IS DEMANDED AT ALL TIMES.
3) EACH ANGLER MUST HAVE HIS OWN FISH BAG OR STRINGER.
4) TOTAL FISH POINTS DETERMINE WINNER.
5) ONE LINE PER ANGLER. (THIS MEANS ONLY ONE FISHING POLE AT A TIME PER ANGLER.)
6) TWO HOOKS PER ANGLER - DOUBLE HOOKS COUNT AS ONE.
7) ARTIFICIAL LURES ARE PERMITTED.
8) LINES MAY BE WET BEFORE 7:30 AM FOR STRETCHING PURPOSES ONLY, NO HOOKS..
9) FISH ONLY IN DESIGNATED AREAS.
10) NETS AND GAFFS MAY BE USED BEFORE SESSION AND AT BREAK BUT AT NO TIME DURING FISHING SESSIONS.
11) NO WADING BEYOND WAIST DEEP. (STRICTLY ENFORCED)
12) CHUMMING OR CHUM POTS ARE NOT PERMITTED,TEAMS DOING SO WILL BE DISQUALIFIED.
13) MUTILATED FISH WILL NOT BE SCORED.
14) FISH LAND ON LOOSE RIGGING WILL NOT BE SCORED.
15) FISH CAUGHT UNDER THE MEASUREMENT OF THE TOURNAMENT FISH LISTED ON THE SCORE SHEET WILL NOT BE SCORED.
16) ALL DISPUTES OF FISHING RULES OR INFRACTIONS SHALL BE PRESENTED TO THE JUDGE BY THE TEAM CAPTAIN. THE COMMITTEE’S DECISION SHALL BE FINAL.
17) ANGLER WHO HOOKS FISH IN HIS POSITION AND FISH RUNS THROUGH ANOTHER TEAMS POSITION TO LAND FISH, SAID FISH WILL BE SCORED.
18) AN ADULT FISHING ON THE SAME TEAM MAY CAST FOR A YOUTH IN THE 13 AND UNDER ASSISTED ANGLER DIVISION BUT THE YOUTH MUST LAND THE FISH FOR FISH TO SCORE IN THE
PLEASE KEEP IN MIND THAT THESE ARE ABBREVIATED VERSION OF THE ASAC RULES AND REGULATIONS AND TOURNAMENT JUDGES WILL CARRY COMPLETE DESCRIPTION FOR EACH RULE OR FOR ANY OMISSION WHICH MAY NEED CLARIFICATION.
Eligible fish & Minimum sizes for scoring. Measurement will be to the closest 1/4 inch forward AFTER minimum is met.
Weakfish 13” Kingfish 10” Bluefish 11” Croaker 10”
Sundial 10” Channel Bass (Redfish) 18” Striped Bass 28” Shad/Herring 10”
Albacore and False Albacore 18” Tautog 15” Black Drum 16” Ling 10”
Winter Founder 12”
Other fish: Sea Robins, Blowfish, Sharks (all forms) Perch, Spot and
Porgies will count for one point each per fish at a minimum of 10” only. Skates do not count.
THANK YOU AND PLEASE KEEP YOUR POSITION FREE OF DEBRIS AND WASTE.
Here is the 2018 American Angler Membership Application via PDF file.
Print it out and send it to the address on the file. Welcome to American Angler.
Use PayPal to join the American Angler Surf Fishing Tournament.
Copyright © 2018 American Angler - All Rights Reserved.
Website designed by Carl M. Hartmann