Next up: Fluke of July tournament!
May 2, 2021 on the beaches of Long beach Township. Specifically Brant beach area. Day of and late registration at the Bay View Park. 6805 Long Beach Township. Brant Beach, New Jersey. Application download is below.
There will be no awards or food this year do to the Covid 19 situation. All prizes will delivered and or arranged after the tournament within Covid 19 social distancing rules.
1. Only the following fish exceeding the minimum length
listed below are eligible for entry:
Black Drum - 16 in. Bluefish - 14 in.
Striped Bass - 28 in. Kingfish - 10 in.
Note: Minimum length for this tournament may differ from
New Jersey saltwater regulations. Skates, Sea- Robins and
other species not above do not get scored!
2. Fish caught from any boat, surfboard or other floating
device will not be eligible.
3. Fish may be a designated area on the beach. The area maybe extended.
4. Terminal tackle will be limited to 2 hooks. A plug counts as
1 hook. Individuals are limited to 2 rods while fishing.
5. Judges will make a vertical cut in the tail to show the fish
has been measured, unless it is immediately released alive.
6. Please bring sufficient bait, weather gear and food.
7. All fish MUST be measured where caught. Mobile Judges
will be availab
that are released will count.
le to score. Fish landed beyond state regs
8. Refer to the current Marine Digest for saltwater fishing
9. Fishing starts at 7am and ends at 1pm. Strictly Enforced.
10. Fish will be scored once beyond minimum length is
achieved to the nearest 1/
4 inch. In case of a tie, a girth of
the fish can be requested at the time of scoring. Largest
girth will break a tie. Fish shall be measured from the tip
of the snout to the tip of the tail (tail swiped).
11. This is a rain or shine tournament. Registration fees are
12. No wading beyond your waist. This means if your waist get
wet from the surf in any way, back up! Judges will only
give you one warning for this. A second infraction will
disqualify you from the tournament. This is a safety and
13. Participants may enter as many fish to be scored no matter
what qualifying species. However, only the 3 largest fish
in the two categories will be winners.
14. All rules, information and registration forms can also be
found at www.americananglerus.com. Questions: contact
Carl Hartmann at email@example.com or 201-481-4390
15. American Angler has the final decision on all matters
related to this tournament.
16. Fishing Area: 40th through 80th Streets in Brant Beach
1) There will be a free casting demo at at the Bay View Park. 6805 Long Beach Township. Brant Beach, New Jersey starting around 2pm. on the bay front.
Early registration is $25.00 for Adults and $15.00 for children under 18. Late fee for registration goes to $30.00 for Adults. Methods of payment accepted...Paypal, Venmo or check/cash are all accepted for this event.
TEAMS WILL CONSIST OF NOT MORE THAT SIX ANGLERS. ALL SIX MAY FISH. ONE ACTS AS TEAM CAPTAIN.
Association of Surf Angling rules apply at all times for below!
1) ALL ANGLERS MUST CAST FOR THEMSELVES.
2) SPORTSMANLIKE CONDUCT IS DEMANDED AT ALL TIMES.
3) EACH ANGLER MUST HAVE HIS OWN FISH BAG OR STRINGER.
4) TOTAL FISH POINTS DETERMINE WINNER.
5) ONE LINE PER ANGLER. (THIS MEANS ONLY ONE FISHING POLE AT A TIME PER ANGLER.)
6) TWO HOOKS PER ANGLER - DOUBLE HOOKS COUNT AS ONE.
7) ARTIFICIAL LURES ARE PERMITTED.
8) LINES MAY BE WET BEFORE 7:30 AM FOR STRETCHING PURPOSES ONLY, NO HOOKS..
9) FISH ONLY IN DESIGNATED AREAS.
10) NETS AND GAFFS MAY BE USED BEFORE SESSION AND AT BREAK BUT AT NO TIME DURING FISHING SESSIONS.
11) NO WADING BEYOND WAIST DEEP. (STRICTLY ENFORCED)
12) CHUMMING OR CHUM POTS ARE NOT PERMITTED,TEAMS DOING SO WILL BE DISQUALIFIED.
13) MUTILATED FISH WILL NOT BE SCORED.
14) FISH LAND ON LOOSE RIGGING WILL NOT BE SCORED.
15) FISH CAUGHT UNDER THE MEASUREMENT OF THE TOURNAMENT FISH LISTED ON THE SCORE SHEET WILL NOT BE SCORED.
16) ALL DISPUTES OF FISHING RULES OR INFRACTIONS SHALL BE PRESENTED TO THE JUDGE BY THE TEAM CAPTAIN. THE COMMITTEE’S DECISION SHALL BE FINAL.
17) ANGLER WHO HOOKS FISH IN HIS POSITION AND FISH RUNS THROUGH ANOTHER TEAMS POSITION TO LAND FISH, SAID FISH WILL BE SCORED.
18) AN ADULT FISHING ON THE SAME TEAM MAY CAST FOR A YOUTH IN THE 13 AND UNDER ASSISTED ANGLER DIVISION BUT THE YOUTH MUST LAND THE FISH FOR FISH TO SCORE IN THE
PLEASE KEEP IN MIND THAT THESE ARE ABBREVIATED VERSION OF THE ASAC RULES AND REGULATIONS AND TOURNAMENT JUDGES WILL CARRY COMPLETE DESCRIPTION FOR EACH RULE OR FOR ANY OMISSION WHICH MAY NEED CLARIFICATION.
Eligible fish & Minimum sizes for scoring. Measurement will be to the closest 1/4 inch forward AFTER minimum is met.
Weakfish 13” Kingfish 10” Bluefish 11” Croaker 10”
Sundial 10” Channel Bass (Redfish) 18” Striped Bass 28” Shad/Herring 10”
Albacore and False Albacore 18” Tautog 15” Black Drum 16” Ling 10”
Winter Founder 12”
Other fish: Sea Robins, Blowfish, Sharks (all forms) Perch, Spot and
Porgies will count for one point each per fish at a minimum of 10” only. Skates do not count.
THANK YOU AND PLEASE KEEP YOUR POSITION FREE OF DEBRIS AND WASTE.
Use PayPal to join the American Angler Surf Fishing Tournament. $25.00 for Adults. $15.00 for Child under 18.
Copyright © 2018 American Angler - All Rights Reserved.
Website designed by Carl M. Hartmann