The 1st Annual American Angler Classic Surf Fishing Tournament is now taking on participants. This tournament is on Sunday April 28th, located on Seaside Park, NJ. Sponsored by Muller Insurance and Fireplaces Plus. See the application, details and rules below.
Up for sale is new OTW Sand Spikes. These heavy duty Sand Spikes are made of the highest quality aluminum with a signature red fishing rag attached. Normally these Sand Spikes go for $45.00 or more but as a special for the month of February, we are selling them for 39.95. And if you are a American Angler Fishing Team member, take off an additional 10%.
This offer is for pick up only!
For questions email@example.com
Thank you, Alyssa :)
For the month of March 2019, Muller Insurance is our featured sponsor of American Angler and our Surf fishing tournaments in the Spring and fall of 2019. Check them out at https://mullerinsurance.com/
Welcome to the American Angler Classic, a surf fishing
tournament brought to you by American Angler Fishing
Club. The American Angler Classic will be held in
Seaside Park on Sunday, April 28, 2019. Mobile judge
stations will be every 200 - 300 feet. This Tournament
has free 4 x 4 access with paid registration. Parking
along North Ocean Avenue is available with paid
metered parking or free parking just a block or so west
of North Ocean Avenue. The awards will be announced
at 3pm. Anglers who win will receive a check that day
for their winnings. As always, may as well have a little
party after a great day on the beach. This tournament is
limited and early registration is advised.
There are two categories for Prizes. Adult and Youth.
Prizes below are awarded to the largest in length fish
landed and scored as per the rules.
For adults 18 years and older
First Prize Largest Fish - $300.00
Second Prize Largest Fish - $150.00
Third Prize Largest Fish - $100.00
For Youths under 18 years of age
(Youths are not eligible for money prizes)
First Prize Largest Fish - Rod/Reel Combo & Bag of Tackle - Value $100.00
Second Prize Largest Fish - Bag of Tackle - Value $50.00
Third Prize Largest Fish - Bag of Tackle- Value $25.00
(You can register via PayPal on the membership page under membership. Just make sure you pay the correct amount and put your full name, age and email in the notes)
Sunday, April 28, 2019 Seaside Park, NJ
7:00am - 2pm..............Fishing
3:00 pm...... Awards Ceremony & Raffle Drawing
Ages 18 and older: $25.00
Under 18: $10.00
Children 12 and under must be accompanied
by an adult, and are still required to register.
Day of (late) Registration: 6am - 7am
Seaside Park Municipal Complex.
Upstairs 2nd floor Court Room.
1 Municipal Plaza, Seaside Park, NJ.
Adult (18 and over) $30.00
Youth (under 18) $10.00
Early registration raffle drawing and awards to
be held at the same location from 3 - 3:30pm
If postmarked or registered online
by April 18th you will:
• Save on adult registration fee!
• Be eligible for a drawing for the Costa DelMar Sunglasses. Value of $250.00
• Avoid delays! Pre-registration allows you to go directly to the beach.
1. Only the following fish exceeding the minimum length
listed below are eligible for entry:
Black Drum - 16 in. Bluefish - 14 in.
Striped Bass - 28 in. Kingfish - 10 in.
Note: Minimum length for this tournament may differ from
New Jersey saltwater regulations. Skates, Sea- Robins and
other species not above do not get scored!
2. Fish caught from any boat, surfboard or other floating
device will not be eligible.
3. Fish may be caught from any OCEANSIDE part of the
Seaside Park. No bayside fishing of any kind will be allowed.
4. Terminal tackle will be limited to 2 hooks. A plug counts as
1 hook. Individuals are limited to 2 rods while fishing.
5. Judges will make a vertical cut in the tail to show the fish
has been measured, unless it is immediately released alive.
6. Please bring sufficient bait, weather gear and food.
7. All fish MUST be measured where caught. Mobile Judges
will be available.
8. Refer to the current Marine Digest for saltwater fishing
9. Fishing starts at 7am and ends at 2pm. Strictly Enforced.
10. Largest fish (All species included) over all by length
scored, will qualify for the 3 prizes in each category.
11. Fish will be scored once beyond minimum length is
achieved to the nearest 1/4 inch. In case of a tie, a girth of
the fish can be requested at the time of scoring. Largest
girth will break a tie. Fish shall be measured from the tip
of the snout to the tip of the tail (tail swiped).
12. This is a rain or shine tournament. Registration fees are
13. No wading beyond your waist. This means if your waist get
wet from the surf in any way, back up! Judges will only
give you one warning for this. A second infraction will
disqualify you from the tournament. This is a safety and
14. Participants may enter as many fish to be scored no matter
of what qualifying species. However, only the 3 largest fish
in the two categories will be winners.
15. A participating angler that is partially or fully disable at the time the tournament may prior to the tournament, request to the chairman, assistance with the casting portion of the tournament. Meaning that if they need to have a person assist them in their casts, they may have that person cast for them through the entire tournament. However, it should be clear that the person assisting is casting, is to only have cast of an average level of skill of any normal angler and not taking advantage of the "Assistance rule". Aka like hiring a pro to fish for them. However, it is the full responsibility of the registered angler to handle the fishing rod after the cast which includes all aspects of landing a fish.
16. American Angler has the final decision on all matters related to this tournament.
USE THE MEMBERSHIP TAB TO PAY FOR THE TOURNAMENT REGISTRATION VIA PayPal $25.00
Check out Roger Muller Jr. web page for Lionfish Divers. Roger is a friend and sponsor of American Angler. http://lionfishdivers.com/
This page is about .....
This Lionfish website was started by Roger J. Muller, Jr. in March of 2018 to spread the word about how Lionfish are destroying the underwater marine world. Lionfish are eating all the small tropical fish, small shrimp and lobsters. If we do not educate others to the problem no one will know about it and care. By Lionfish hunting, scuba diving and snorkeling, we take photos of the lionfish and write articles that will help people understand that lionfish do not belong in the Atlantic and Caribbean Oceans. As a scuba diver, I decided seven years ago to take up the plight of killing as many lionfish as possible to cut their numbers down.
Sign up to hear from us about fishing events.
Send us a message if you have any questions about our events or tournaments. We'll aim to get back to you very shortly after!
31 Colonial Parkway, Dumont, New Jersey 07628, United States
Copyright © 2018 American Angler - All Rights Reserved.