Date: Sunday May 7 ,2023
Location: On the Beach of Long Beach Island. Brant Beach area of the Island. Open to the public with free 4x4 access.
Schedule: Registration starts at 6am at Bayview Park, 6805 Long Beach Blvd, Brant Beach, N.J. PayPal, Venmo, Snail Mail and Cash accepted.
Cost and registration: Adults $27.00 before May 1, 2023. Late registration/day of $30.00. Children 17 and under $15.00
Fishing Session: Fishing starts at 7:00am - 1pm anywhere on the beach in Brant Beach, NJ. Free 4x4 access with paid registration.
Awards: Approx. 1pm: Awards ceremony at Bayview Park or Beach Pavillion. This is subject to change with weather. Prize structure to come.
Sponsored by Century Rods/Advanced Fishing - USA, Betty & Nick's, Gabriel Tackle Co., Fisherman's Headquarters and Hook House Bait & Tackle Shops, Shimano, The Fisherman Magazine, Fishbites, Costa Delmar, Top Notch Tackle, J.T. Brooks Tire Deflators, Porta Rod Systems, Muller Insurance, Stop n Shop, Rainey's Rigs, Fluke It Up Rigs, Lester Glenn Chevrolet, Beach Haven West Marine Center, The Corn Hole Guy NJ, The Shore Shoe and Fireplaces Plus.
Mobile judge stations will be every 500 or so feet.
Free 4x4 permit for the day.
American Angler Classic Rules:
1. Only the following fish exceeding the minimum length listed
below are eligible for entry:
Black Drum = 16+ inches, Bluefish = 14+ inches, Red Drum = Slot size between 18-27 inches, Kingfish = 10+ inches, Striped Bass = Slot size between 28-37.99 inches, Sundials = 10+ inches
NO BONUS TAGS!
Note: Minimum length for this tournament may differ from New Jersey saltwater regulations. Sharks, Skates, Sea- Robins and other species not above do not get scored! Refer to the current Marine Digest for saltwater fishing regulations.
2. Fishing starts 7am and ends at 1pm. Strictly enforced. No fishing prior to 7am.
3. Fish caught from any boat, surfboard or other floating device will not be eligible.
4. Fishing will be done anywhere in a designated area of the beach that is about 2 miles in area.
5. Terminal tackle will be limited to 2 hooks. A plug counts as 1 hook. Individuals are limited to 2 rods while fishing.
6. All kept fish will have a vertical cut in the tail by judges to show the fish has been measured, unless it is immediately released alive.
7. All fish MUST be measured where caught. Mobile Judges will be available for catch and release and fish will count.
8. Fish shall be measured from the tip of the snout to the tip of the tail (tail swiped).
9. Fish will be scored once beyond minimum length is achieved to the nearest 1/4 inch. In case of a tie, a girth of the fish can be requested at the time of scoring. Largest girth will break a tie. If a second tie breaker is needed, first fish landed will be the winner of the tie breaker.
10. No oversize or undersize fish will be eligible for tournament prizes.
11. This is a rain or shine tournament. Registration fees are nonrefundable. Be prepared for foul weather.
12. No wading beyond your waist. This means if your waist
gets wet from the surf in any way, back up! Judges will only give one warning for this. A second infraction will disqualify you from the tournament. This is a safety and insurance issue.
13. Participants may enter as many fish to be scored no matter what qualifying species. However, only the 3 largest fish in the two categories will be winners.
14. Only one prize per winner in categories. No combinations, 1st, 2nd or 3rd place combinations, etc. Adults cannot win any prizes in the kid’s category and Kids cannot win Prizes in Adult Category. Only exception is the women’s category. That can be combined. Any prizes not won will be returned to American Angler.
15. All rules, information and registration forms can also be found at www.americananglerus.com. Beach Master, Brian Sullivan: 201-912-5534 Questions: contact Carl Hartmann at firstname.lastname@example.org or 201-481-4390.
16. American Angler has the final decision on all matters related to this tournament.
17. Tournament rules, location, prizes and all matters related to this tournament subject to change for any reason.
18. Have fun, be safe, enjoy and good luck. This rule is required!
Prizes to come.
The American Angler Classic Surf Fishing Tournament May 7, 2023
On the Beach of L.B.I.
$27.00 for Adults. After April 20th $30.00
$15.00 for Youth under 18
Please include your License Plate #
Copyright © 2018 American Angler - All Rights Reserved.
Website designed by Carl M. Hartmann