Next up for American Angler... The Pat Pawson Striped Bass Tournament . March 1st.
Next up for American Angler... The Pat Pawson Striped Bass Tournament . March 1st.
American Angler is a group of recreational fishermen who make active use of our surrounding water system and are concerned with the present and future state of these fisheries. Our objectives are to encourage the responsible use of aquatic resources and protection of habitat. We assist where possible in efforts to promote sportfishing and the management of that recreation. We wish to bring the kids back into fishing and educate them on this great aquatic resource we have. Established in 2016 by President Carl Hartmann, we are home off the Jersey Shore. However, we travel and compete throughout the Northeast and elsewhere with all water systems related.
On the Beach of Long Beach Island.
Registration starts at 6am at Bayview Park, 6805 Long Beach Blvd, Brant Beach, N.J.
Fishing 7:00am - 1pm anywhere on the beach in Brant Beach, NJ
Approx. 1pm: Awards ceremony at Bayview Park or Beach Pavillion This is subject to change with weather.
Free Century Rod/Advanced Fishing - USA casting demo and fishing show immediately following located just a few blocks away at Sunset Beach in Seaside Heights on the bay.
Sponsored by Century Rods/Advanced Fishing - USA, Betty & Nick's, Gabriel Tackle Co., Fisherman's Headquarters and Hook House Bait & Tackle Shops, Shimano, The Fisherman Magazine, Fishbites, Costa, Top Notch Tackle, J.T. Brooks Tire Deflators, Porta Rod Systems, Muller Insurance, Stop n Shop, Rainey's Rigs, Fluke It Up Rigs, Lester Glenn Chevrolet, Beach Haven West Marine Center, The Corn Hole Guy NJ, The Shore Shoe, Milspray Military Technologies and Fireplaces Plus.
Mobile judge stations will be every 500 or so feet.
Free 4x4 permit for the day.
Adult (18 and older): $30.00
Youth (17 and younger): $15.00
Children 12 and under must be accompanied by an adult, and are still required to register.
Early Entry Incentive:
If postmarked or registered online by September 18th you will:
- Be eligible for a drawing for the Costa Del Mar Sunglasses. Approximate Value $200+
- Avoid delays! Pre-registration allows you to go directly to the beach.
Go to our Home Page to download an application.
PayPal and Venmo links are also available at the bottom of this page.
Registration fees are non-refundable.
Prizes below are awarded to the largest in length fish landed and scored as per the rules (see Rules section below). Categories can not be combined.
Adults 18 years and older
First Place Prizes Adult:
Second Place Prizes Adult:
Third Place Prizes Adult:
Youth 17 and Under
First Place Prizes Youth:
Second Place Prizes Youth:
Third Place Prizes Youth:
Please note: All Prizes are subject to change.
Walk on and 4x4 anglers may fish wherever they like in between streets in Brant Beach 31st thru 80th streets *subject to change. If a walk on or local non registered angler gets to a fishing area before someone in a vehicle, the walk on or non registered angler will have the rights to that location. Please just move. Two miles of beach are available for this tournament. Otherwise, first come first serve!
Landed fish are encouraged to be released alive. Anglers are advised to bring a bucket or container to keep their catch alive as long as possible until scored.
1. Only the following fish exceeding the minimum length listed below are eligible for entry:
Black Drum: 16+ in. Bluefish: 14+ in.
Red Drum: Slot size between 18-27 inches
Kingfish: 10+ in. Sundials: 10+in.
Striped Bass: Slot size between 28-37.99 inches
NO BONUS TAGS!
Note: Minimum length for this tournament may differ from New Jersey saltwater regulations. Sharks, Skates, Sea- Robins and other species not above do not get scored! Refer to the current Marine Digest for the saltwater fishing regulations.
2. Fishing starts 7am and ends at 1pm. Strictly enforced. No fishing prior to 7am.
3. Fish caught from any boat, surfboard or other floating device will not be eligible.
4. Fishing will be done anywhere in a designated area of the beach that is about a 2 mile area.
5. Terminal tackle will be limited to 2 hooks. A plug counts as 1 hook. Individuals are limited to 2 rods while fishing.
6. All fish MUST be measured where caught. Mobile Judges will be available to measure both catch and release fish and kept fish.
7. All kept fish will have a vertical cut in the tail by judges to show the fish has been measured.
8. Fish shall be measured from the tip of the snout to the tip of the tail (tail swiped).
9. Fish will be scored to the nearest 1/4 inch once beyond the minimum length is achieved. In case of a tie, a girth of the fish can be requested at the time of scoring. Largest girth will break a tie. If a second tie breaker is needed, first fish landed will be the winner of the tie breaker.
10. No oversize or undersize fish will be eligible for tournament prizes.
11. This is a rain or shine tournament. Registration fees are nonrefundable. Be prepared for foul weather.
12. No wading beyond your waist. This means if your waist gets wet from the surf in any way, back up! Judges will only give you one warning for this. A second infraction will disqualify you from the tournament. This is a safety and insurance issue.
13. Participants may enter as many fish to be scored no matter what qualifying species. However, only the 3 largest fish in the two categories will be winners.
14. Only one prize per winner in categories. No combinations, 1st, 2nd or 3rd place combinations, etc. Adults cannot win any prizes in the Kids category and Kids cannot win any prizes in the Adult category. The only exception is the Women's Category - that can be combined. Any prizes not won will be returned to American Angler.
15. All rules, information and registration forms can also be found at www.americananglerus.com. Questions: contact Carl Hartmann at email@example.com or 201-481-4390.
16. American Angler has the final decision on all matters related to this tournament.
17. Tournament rules, location, prizes and all matters related to this tournament subject to change for any reason.
18. Have fun, be safe, enjoy and good luck.
The American Angler Classic Surf Fishing Tournament, its sponsors, Borough of Long Beach Township, American Angler members and leadership and any persons connected with it shall be exempt from any liability whatsoever, it is expressly understood that all participants in this event enter at their own risk and assume responsibility for decisions regarding sea conditions and their own safety.
All American Angler rules apply for this event. For questions related, contact Carl Hartmann at 201-481-4390 or email firstname.lastname@example.org Checks accepted and to be made out to American Angler and sent to 31 Colonial Parkway, Dumont, NJ 07628. PayPal and Venmo links are available below.
On what was a beautiful weekend in mid October, American Angler membership put on a surf fishing tournament named the American Angler Classic on the beach of Long Beach Island. After switching islands and permits after Hurricane Ian, over 150 members and volunteers attended with a light west wind and nearly 70 degrees. Starting at 7am, the anglers got their lines wet and competed. There were about 30 fish landed in total. Blues, Kings, Skates and sharks. Even a winter Flounder! However After 5 hours the results came in. The over all winner was Patrick Tohill of Bordentown, New Jersey. Patrick won with the largest fish at a 14.50 Blufish. Patrick went home with a lot of prizes valued over $1500.00 Congrats Pat!
On another note and because of Hurricane Ian, we did a head to head tournament within the Classic. This was with the Atlantic City Saltwater Anglers. Almost the same rules but a few changes. The Winter Flounder was eligible! Therefore, Olga Monahan of the AC Anglers won with a 15.50 Winter Flounder. Congrats Olga and she walks away with a $500.00 gift card from Century Rod/Advanced Fishing USA and a set of Costa Delmar Sunglass. We had second and third places in this contest with small Bluefish but I save the best for last. Every kid, including the 6 members of the Tom's River Indians, went home with gift packages worth nearly $50.00 each.
Would like to thank all of the volunteers and sponsors to these events. We plan on doing it all over again in 2023 without Hurricane Ian.
Next up....! The Head to Head tournament on November 5th in Seaside.
Sponsors include: Fireplaces Plus, Century Rod/Advanced Fishing- USA, Fisherman’s Headquarters, Hook House, Gabriel’s Tackle Co and Betty and Nick's, Shimano, Porta Rod Systems, Top Notch Tackle, Fisherman Magazine, Muller Insurance, Rainey's Rigs, Fluke It up Rigs, J.T. Brooks Tire Deflators, Lester Glenn Chevrolet. Beach Haven West Marine Center, The Corn Hole Guy NJ, The Shoe Store and more.
On September 17, 2022, American Angler held our 4th Annual American Angler Classic with good conditions. When said and done, the Ocean City Fishing Club won the tournament. They won the entire season. Congrats to the Ocean City Fishing Club and thank you to all of the volunteers.
American Angler --- <'///><
Copyright © 2018 American Angler - All Rights Reserved.
Website designed by Carl M. Hartmann